What is a Leader?
The Leaders of the Way Program recognizes individuals and their families who make annual gifts of $1,000 or more. In 2011, over 3,500 leaders contributed over $7.9 million dollars towards the betterment of our community.
Here’s just a few examples of how your generosity can make a difference
- $1000 will pay for five women to attend a ten week program to assist in dealing with the impacts of abuse
- $1500 provides three months of baby supplies for seven families
- $2500 assists six at risk youth gain and maintain meaningful employment
United Way will steward your leadership gift by investing, monitoring and measuring results on your behalf. By working together with community agencies, other partners and volunteers the best opportunities for real change will be created and sustained.
Benefits of Being a Leader
- Inspire others and set a profound example of giving
- Obtain additional information about how your gift is making a difference in our community throughout the year
- Receive invitations to United Way functions, including Leadership events
- Recognition in our annual Leadership Roster
- Tax laws encourage philanthropy – the more you give, the greater the tax credit
Becoming a Leader is Easy
- Fill out the United Way Pledge card that is available through your workplace campaign
- Give through payroll deduction
- Give through pre-authorized payment by credit card or chequing account
- Give a single donation by cash, cheque or credit card
- Donate online
- Give through our stocks and securities program
Leaders of the Way continue to play a vital part in building caring, vibrant communities and we are incredibly grateful for their demonstration of citizenship, philanthropy and community spirit. With the help of leadership donors, like you, we are not only advancing social change, we are accelerating it.